Don’t Want to Waste Your Time Trying to Find the Best Resources on Mexico?
Great! Let me ease the pain of sourcing countless websites, blogs and books only to find an infinite sea of nothingness.
The Best Way to Kick Start Your Spanish
My Spanish Sucks! 101 Simple Mexican Dichos y Refranes for People on the Go by Fidel C. Rodriguez
The Best Books to Learn About Mexico and Mexican Culture
• The Mexican Mind! Understanding & Appreciating Mexican Culture! by Boye Lafayette De Mente
• Narcocorrido: A Journey into the Music of Drugs, Guns, and Guerrillas by Elijah Wald
• True Tales From Another Mexico: The Lynch Mob, the Popsicle Kings, Chalino and the Bronx
• Distant Neighbors: A Portrait of the Mexicans by Alan Riding
• Mexico: Sunlight & Shadows: Short Stories & Essays by Mexico Writers by Michael Hogan and Linton Robinson and Mikel Miller
Thinking of Moving to Mexico? Start Here.
• Live Better South of the Border: A Practical Guide for Living and Working (Live Better South of the Border in Mexico) by Mike Nelson
Personal Development for Expats Before You Go to Mexico
• The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
• Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter by Elaine St. James
• The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The list above is compiled from first-hand experience. Below are other resources that I’ve heard are great but haven’t had a chance to use, read or listen to.
• Aztec by Gary Jennings
• Loco Gringo Mexico Podcast gives you local insights, vacation tips and stories from people who live and work in the Riviera Maya and Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico.